May is “Mental Health Awareness” month. So, for this week’s Tech Tip Tuesday, we’re showcasing some of our favorite apps centered around mental health and emotional wellness.
A few of our top apps for mental health and wellness include:
- Calm is an app to help manage anxiety and offers meditation practices. There is minimal structure, and the app is intuitive and straightforward to follow.
- Waking Up With Sam Harris
- Like Calm, the Waking Up with Sam Harris app is another meditation-focused app. The other neat thing about Harris’s app is that if you don’t have the budget for the subscription price, you can simply email the team, and they’ll provide you with a scholarship, no questions asked.
- BetterHelp is an online service that matches you with a therapist. BetterHelp’s specialists offer treatment with an exhaustive list of psychological conditions, like depression, stress, anxiety, self-esteem, grief, eating disorders, and more.
- Sanvello is an interesting cognitive behavioral therapy tool to moderate anxiety and depression. Additionally, many of their costs are covered by health insurance.
- Bearable is a symptom tracking application that makes it easy for patients to share symptoms and data with medical professionals. Bearable offers a journal, symptom tracker, medication reminders, and more. Bearable can also track sleep, meditation, exercise, food and more.
- SleepCycle is an excellent app if you’re not necessarily looking for all the wellness benefits of Bearable or Sanvello. You can listen to your sleep recordings, and the app is even automated, so you won’t miss a single night ever again.
Have you heard of any of these apps for mental health? Let us know, and reach out with some of your favorites as well! And as always, you can stay up-to-date by subscribing to the APC Blog, where you’ll find valuable insights on the technology and professional staffing industry.
Kristen Burgess is the Marketing Specialist at Alliance of Professionals & Consultants, Inc. She has five years’ experience in curating content for digital platforms, social media contributions, and supporting marketing campaigns and strategies. Before joining the APC wolfpack, she worked in digital marketing for software as a service, giving her keen insight into the types of professionals APC hires today. In addition, she likes to stay up-to-date on the most relevant trends within the technology industry through thought-provoking podcasts and newsletters while paying attention to industry leaders’ trends. In her spare time, she serves on the Management Team and helps craft communications for the Junior League of Durham and Orange Counties.