Utilizing APC’s CLASS (Contract Labor Assessment, Standardization, and Sustainability) Program, APC can perform an assessment of your contract labor (contractors, consultants, staffing, temporaries, and contingent labor) functions for:
Concerned that you have unapproved non-employees engaged in your organization?
- Who are they?
- Where are they?
- What do they do?
- How much do they cost?
- What are our risks?
You can only manage what you can identify.
Even with a vendor management system, many organizations have discovered that they do not have a good grasp of their total spend on contract labor (consultants, staffing personnel, independent consultants, temporaries, contingent labor, etc.)
- Concerned that you may be paying for contractors or consultants that are over-priced for today’s market?
- Concerned that you may be paying for a consultant when a lower-priced skill would be more appropriate?
Standard engagement practices improve effectiveness and mitigate risks. Without proper controls, many contingent workers – especially the phantom workforce – can create significant risks:
- Independent Contractors that could be classified as employees.
- Retiree’s, coming back as I.C.’s, exposing the company’s retirement plan.
- Not compensated to DOL’s regulations, such as paying premium overtime.
For additional information, call 919-510-9696 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.